Figma is a powerful design tool that allows users to create stunning graphics, illustrations, and user interfaces. While Figma offers a wide array of shape tools, you might find yourself looking for an "arc tool" specifically.
Though Figma doesn't have a standalone arc tool, fear not! In this step-by-step tutorial, we'll show you how to easily create arcs using the built-in ellipse tool and a few clever tricks. Let's get started!
To create an arc in Figma, follow these steps:
- Open Figma and navigate to the canvas where you want to create the arc.
- Click on the "Shapes" menu located in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Select the "Ellipse" tool from the shapes menu. This tool allows you to create circles and ellipses.
- Click and drag on the canvas to create a circle of the desired size for your arc.
- With the circle selected, locate the handles on the sides of the circle and click and drag one side towards the center of the circle.
- Continue dragging the handle until you have achieved the desired arc shape. You can adjust the curvature as needed.
- Once you have created the arc shape, you can add a stroke to it by selecting the shape and adjusting the stroke properties in the right-hand panel.
- To remove the fill from the shape, select the shape and set the fill color to transparent or disable the fill property in the right-hand panel.
Following these steps will allow you to create an arc in Figma. Although there is no standalone arc tool, you can achieve the desired result by manipulating the ellipse tool. Happy designing!
- How do I Save a Figma prototype as PDF?
- How do I get better at Figma?
- How do I get SF Pro Font in Figma?
- How do I export a Figma file?
- How do I download fonts to Figma?
- How do I convert PSD to Figma?
- How do I preview Figma on my phone?