Figma is a popular cloud-based design and prototyping tool that allows designers to collaborate on projects in real-time. When you work with Figma, your design files can be stored in two primary locations:
1. In the Cloud:
By default, Figma stores your design files in the cloud. This means that your files are securely saved on Figma's servers and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. Storing files in the cloud facilitates collaboration among team members, as everyone can work on the same project simultaneously and see each other's changes in real-time.
2. Manually on your computer:
In addition to cloud storage, Figma also provides an option to export your design files manually to your computer. You can choose to download the files in various formats, such as .fig (Figma's native file format), .png, .svg, .pdf, etc. This is useful if you want to keep a local backup of your designs or share them with someone who doesn't have access to Figma.
How to access Figma files in the cloud:
To access your Figma files stored in the cloud, you simply need to log in to your Figma account on the Figma website. Once logged in, you'll see a list of your projects and can open any of them to access the associated design files.
How to export Figma files manually:
To manually export Figma files to your computer, follow these steps:
- Open the Figma file you want to export.
- Click on the "File" menu in the top-left corner.
- Hover over "Export" in the dropdown menu.
- Choose the desired format (e.g., .fig, .png, .svg, .pdf, etc.).
- Customize any export settings if necessary.
- Click "Export" to download the file to your computer.
That's it! Now you know where Figma files are stored. Whether you prefer the convenience of cloud storage for collaboration or the control of manual exporting, Figma offers both options to suit your design workflow.
- How do I Save a Figma prototype as PDF?
- How do I get better at Figma?
- How do I get SF Pro Font in Figma?
- How do I export a Figma file?
- How do I download fonts to Figma?
- How do I convert PSD to Figma?
- How do I preview Figma on my phone?