Figma is a popular design tool that allows users to create and collaborate on design projects in real-time. One of the essential features in Figma is the concept of drafts.
In Figma, drafts refer to personal files that are not shared with anyone else. They are essentially private workspaces where designers can experiment, iterate, and fine-tune their designs before making them public or sharing them with teammates.
Key Points about Figma Drafts:
- Drafts are personal and private: Only the creator of a draft has access to it. It is not visible or accessible by anyone else, even members of the same Figma team.
- Safe space for experimentation: Drafts provide a safe environment for designers to try out different design ideas, layouts, and components without affecting the main design files.
- No collaboration: Since drafts are private to the creator, they do not support real-time collaboration with other team members. Collaboration can only happen in shared projects or files.
- Version history: Figma keeps track of the version history of drafts, allowing designers to review or revert to previous iterations if needed.
Creating and Managing Drafts
To create a draft in Figma, follow these steps:
- Open Figma and sign in to your account.
- In the Figma dashboard, click on "New File" to create a new design file.
- Start designing your project in the new file. All the changes you make will be saved automatically in the draft.
- Remember that drafts are not shared, so you can work with complete freedom and privacy.
To manage your drafts, you can find them listed in the "Drafts" section of your Figma dashboard. You can easily access, edit, or delete your drafts from there.
Drafts are valuable features in Figma that allow designers to experiment and work privately without the fear of affecting shared design files. They provide a secure and creative space for refining design ideas before sharing them with the team or the public.
- How do I Save a Figma prototype as PDF?
- How do I get better at Figma?
- How do I get SF Pro Font in Figma?
- How do I export a Figma file?
- How do I download fonts to Figma?
- How do I convert PSD to Figma?
- How do I preview Figma on my phone?