Canva is a great tool for entry designers which is pretty popular for social media, marketing content, brochures and other similar stuff.
That being said, if you plan to resize your design, well the process is really simple - you just go to the top bar and click on resize. After that you select your width, height or preset sizes like Facebook Ads, or Postcards, or Instagram Posts, etc.
Of course the main problem is that the tool is only available to PRO users:
So you're stuck with two options, or maybe three:
- You buy a PRO subscription and simply use the resize tool
- You give up
- You create a new file with the new size, copy paste all the layers from the first design into the new one.
Let's take a standard size design for example:
How do I change a Canva design to A4?
Simply go to "Create a new Design" and from the dropdown select A4:
After that take all the content from the original design and paste it in the A4 document. Just keep in mind that you will have to individually copy the background layer if you use one because it will not get selected along with the rest of the layers.
Other than that, you will have to put a little effort into resizing all the layers and moving them around until they look good in the new resized layout.
If you want to create a custom size design, simply click on the custom size button from the bottom of the list.
What measuring units are available to size designs in Canva?
I'm so glad you asked, you have four options to chose from:
But the layer sizes will all be measurable in pixels in the actual editor.
To summarize everything, if you have a PRO account you can easily resize by using the resize button from the top bar. If not, you create a new file and copy paste layers and then export your resized design.
- How do I Save a Figma prototype as PDF?
- How do I get better at Figma?
- How do I get SF Pro Font in Figma?
- How do I export a Figma file?
- How do I download fonts to Figma?
- How do I convert PSD to Figma?
- How do I preview Figma on my phone?